World Series by Renault
The circuit’s Grand Opening was combined with the first ever Russian round of the international motorsport championship – World Series by Renault. 85 000 spectators gathered at the race track to enjoy all racing fights, walk free at the pit lane and paddock and salute the winners of Formula Renault 2.0 and 3.5. Here’s the list of best of the best.
Formula Renault 2.0:
1. Daniil Kvyat (Koiranen Motorsport)
2. Staffel Vandoorne (Josef Kaufmann Racing)
3. Oliver Rowland (Fortec Motorsports)
Formula Renault 3.5:
1. Arthur Pic (DAMS)
2. Walter Grubmuller (P1 Motorsport)
3. Kevin Korjus (Tech 1 Racing)
Biggest and most popular youth formula championship
For the last few years WRS boosted into Formula 1 Daniil Kvyat, Kevin Magnussen, Jaime Alguersuari, Charles Pic, Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne. The world champion Sebastian Vettel has graduated the same “University”.